Do you have shiny skin that feels greasy at the end of the day? Stays your make-up doesn't sit well? Then your skin type is probably oily skin. You can remedy this by facial care with natural products, especially suitable for oily skin. We tell you everything about oily skin and which natural products are best for oily and shiny skin.
What is oily skin?
You clean your face in the morning, put on mattifying make-up and after a few hours of being out the door, your skin is already glowing again. Recognizable? Chances are that you suffer from oily skin. Don't worry, oily skin also has benefits! You are less likely to experience fine lines and wrinkles than with dry skin. The sebum produced by oily skin has a protective function. Oily skin also needs moisture. If you don't provide hydration and cleanse your face with aggressive products, you will get wrinkles faster, which are sometimes deeper.
It is a misunderstanding that pimples or pimples on your face automatically mean that you have oily skin. Dry skin can also suffer from impurities. In either case, it is wise that you acne tackles with one natural treatment. Another myth is that oily skin cannot be dehydrated. Hydration and natural care are important for all skin types, including oily skin.
What characteristics does oily skin have?
Not sure if you have oily skin? Pay attention to the characteristics below. Oily skin:
- shines quickly and feels greasy;
- usually suffers from impurities more quickly;
- is generally thicker;
- visibly has coarse pores;
- does not hold makeup as well
If you press your forehead against a glass or tissue during the day, the oily skin will leave an oily film. It may also be that only certain areas of your facial skin are oily. Such as your forehead, nose and chin (t-zone).
How does oily skin develop?
Oily skin is caused by increased sebum production. Heredity is a cause of this. The way you live also has an influence, such as your sleep and nutrition. Hormonal fluctuations cause your skin to produce extra sebum and thus become oily. Your skin is then looking for a new balance. This often happens during puberty, menstruation and menopause. Your hormone balance can also become confused during pregnancy or when using contraceptives. It is precisely when you use aggressive, synthetic, alcoholic or drying skin care products that your skin starts to produce more sebum to compensate for the lack of moisture. This will ultimately only make your face greasier.
What to do about oily skin?
For oily skin it is very important to bring it back into balance. Increased sebum production often clogs pores and this in turn causes impurities such as blackheads, acne and pimples. So what can you do against oily skin? Clean and care for your skin regularly (not too often) with mild and organic care products for oily skin. Our natural products for oily skin are based on nourishing, vegetable, vitamin and antioxidant-rich ingredients. This helps moisturize, soothe and repair oily skin.
Nine tips for facial care for oily skin
- Clean your face in moderation, in the evening is sufficient
- Do not use aggressive, alcoholic products natural mild cleanser, or a natural soap with Tea tree & Charcoal
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Be careful with exfoliating and using washcloths
- Apply one once a week mask against oily skin to your face
- Use a balancing toner against oily skin instead of a day cream
- Use it AHA & BHA peeling serum regularly, about 2-3 times a week, to achieve the best results.
- Use a dry facial oil on oily skin
- Use organic, skin care, no makeup
In addition to proper cleaning and care, sufficient sleep and a healthy diet help with oily skin.
The best natural products for oily skin
How do you take care of your oily skin with the right natural products? Proven effective ingredients against oily (acne) skin are:
- Active charcoal (draws impurities from the skin)
- Tea tree oil (antiseptic and anti-inflammatory)
- Wild swamp spiraea (relieving, cleansing)
- Lavender (nourishing and calming)
- Hyaluronic acid (moisturizes, improves skin texture and tightens pores)
- Probiotics (stimulate cell renewal, moisturize and protect)
- Raw honey (moisturizing, softening and vitamin-rich)
- White willow bark (exfoliating, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory)
- Peppermint (refreshing and reducing pores)
- AHAs and BHAs
By using a combination with these ingredients we have the best natural products for oily skin! The organic care products all contain nourishing, vegetable and vitamin and antioxidant-rich ingredients. They are mild yet effective and rebalance oily skin.
- Detox - Tea Tree & Charcoal facial cleanser 18,00€ naturally contains salicylates, which relieve inflammation, cleanse skin pores and break down oil and sebum deposits from skin pores.
- Aha & Bha Peeling Serum is skin rejuvenating, brightening and moisturizing for all skin types. AHAs effectively exfoliate the skin's surface and stimulate skin regeneration.
- Lavender Floral Water Facial Mist - Balancing toner helps soothe, hydrate, balance and reduce excessive sebum production. Has a beneficial effect on oily skin.
- Detox Oil - Purifying face oil with tea tree 38,00€ is a dry oil serum, and helps to keep the skin elastic, while removing and preventing impurities and blemishes.
- Detox Mask 3 in 1 38,00€ is naturally deep cleansing, gentle exfoliating and designed for oily and blemished skin.