How does dry skin develop?
At this time of the year, many people suffer from dry skin. The days are shorter, so you spend more time indoors. The temperature outside drops and brings with it a cold, strong wind. The heating in the house can cause dry air, making your skin even drier. Wearing a mouth mask in connection with corona also causes or worsens dry skin. Read here what you can do against skin irritation from wearing a mouth mask.
When the skin barrier is affected by the use of incorrect (aggressive) cleaning agents, it is less able to retain moisture well. Age also influences this. Aged skin has less hydrating capacity. This is caused by harmful environmental factors such as sun rays and toxic substances. Fortunately, there is something to do against dry skin!
What to do about dry skin?
- Use only 100% natural care products for a dry skin type. These do not contain ingredients that harm the skin. Soap and alcoholic products are disastrous for the skin
- The skin on your face is more fragile, more exposed to external factors than the rest of your skin and therefore requires extra attention. You do this with products that contain both moisturizing ingredients and fatty acids
- Shower briefly, use lukewarm water and don't go too often. This is not only better for the skin, but also for the environment and your wallet. Did you know that the hardness of water also affects the moisture level of your skin? The harder the water, the higher the lime content, the faster your skin will dry out. Gently pat dry with a towel after showering.
- Try exposure to minimize dry air. What helps here is to go outside every day. Use water evaporators at home or put a bowl of water on the heater and ventilate regularly. For example, open a window when you are not in a room
- Have a healthy lifestyle, enough vitamins and water. Vitamins and sufficient water are of course good for your general health, but also for maintaining the moisture in your skin from within.
- Care and moisturize your skin well and regularly. Use a greasy cream. If you're prone to blemishes and blemishes, get these no como substances that can be difficult to understand.
The best care products for dry skin
Regular and thorough care of dry skin is important to keep the skin's surface supple, smooth and elastic. Flow Cosmetics natural facial care products contain no drying ingredients and are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and berry oil from wild-grown and organic arctic berries - just what dry skin needs.